Goodwill is a leading social services enterprise, and consistently ranks among the nation’s top charities.
There are false rumors posted on social media about Goodwill. We would like to provide the accurate facts, here:
- Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids has operated since 1966 and is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Approximately 92 cents of every dollar earned goes towards our mission which supports local communities.
- Goodwill maintains a Silver Seal of Transparency from GuideStar.
- Donations to Goodwill support our mission of providing job training and placement to individuals with barriers to employment.
- As a nonprofit, Goodwill is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteers from the communities we serve.
- Since 2011, we have served over 10,000 individuals in our career center, workshops, and programs, and assisted participants with obtaining over 4,000 jobs.
Goodwill Industries International has issued a response to the false rumors, which can be found here.
For more information debunking rumors, please visit snopes.com, a website which validates and debunks urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of unknown or questionable origin.