*Temporary Store Hours will go into effect Wednesday, Nov. 18. This does not include the Outlet Center. The Outlet will have normal hours.
Monday – Saturday 10M – 6pm
As we familiarize ourselves with our new COVID-19 world, we ask for your support and patience. Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids’ (GIGGR) mission, “Changing Lives and Communities through the Power of Work,” continues to be the focus of our organization along with the health and well-being of our employees. We have put several new policies in place to protect employees, participants, shoppers, and donors.
Stores and donation centers are taking the following safety precautions:
- We are requiring customers to wear masks as a preventative action to protect our employees and other customers.
- We are using a system called Touchless Donations.
- How it works: When you arrive at one of our donation locations, we ask that you remain in your car until directed by an employee. When prompted, you will be able to get out of your vehicle and place your donations into either a clothing or other items bin, allowing for safe social distancing to take place. If you are unable to remove the item(s) from your vehicle, please let one of our donation attendants know and they will be able to assist using certain safety precautions.
- Employees are provided personal protective equipment (PPE) of masks and gloves.
- Employees must complete an acknowledgment of additional training and safety expectations.
- We are disinfecting the store, especially high touch areas, multiple times a day.
- Shopping carts will be disinfected after each use.
- Floor markers are placed where customers should stand in checkout lanes so there is at least 6 feet of separation between customers.
- Plexiglass “sneeze guard” partitions have been placed at check-out counters.
- We are limiting the number of customers allowed in each store at a given time. A designated employee is to count the number of customers to support occupancy standards.
- We are conducting daily health screenings on employees as they arrive for their scheduled work hours.
- Fitting rooms and water fountains are closed to limit exposure.
- Employment Center including the Career Center is closed to the public.
- Our trainings and meetings with Career Coaches are being completed virtually.