We’re sorry but we cannot accept the following items.
- Automobile Parts of any kind (including tires and car batteries)
- Fire Arms or Ammunition
- Hazardous Materials including Fuels (such as gas, oil, diesel fuel, and propane), Paint, Paint Thinner, Insecticides, Flammables and Poisonous Materials
- Electronic and Kerosene Heaters
- Building Materials
- Large Appliances such as Dishwashers, Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, and Hot Water Tanks
- Used Mattresses, Box springs, Water Beds, and Sofa Sleepers
- Upholstered Furniture
- Carpet and Padding
- Cribs, Car seats, Walkers or Other Products that DO NOT meet the Current Safety Standards or the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (www.cpsc.gov)
- CRT (Tube) Televisions and Computer Monitors
- Non-working Flat Screen Televisions & Computer Monitors
Why does Goodwill not accept some items?
All donations that Goodwill can sell in its stores are greatly appreciated. However, when Goodwill receives items that cannot be used it requires additional resources to be used that decrease the amount of resources allocated to helping people with job training and placement.
Some items that Goodwill cannot accept may be able to be recycled through your local city or county recycling center. Residents of Kent County can go to www.recyclekent.org for more information.