Join the Goodwill Team!
Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Since 1966, Goodwill has offered a wide range of employment and training programs to assist individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment in developing their marketable skills to find meaningful employment.
We work together as one Goodwill toward our mission.
Whether you’ll be working at a retail store, warehouse, or the administrative offices, YOU are changing lives every year. Goodwill employees play an integral role in ensuring our programs thrive for years to come.
- Professional development and personal support services
- One-on-one coaching to reach career and educational goals
- Education benefits including reimbursement and up to 4 hours of paid study time
- Full-time employees will receive up to 20 paid vacation days in the first year
- Additional paid holidays vary by position and department
- 401(k) plan with employer match after the first year
- Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Accidental insurances available
- Medical insurance available to full-time employees
- 20% employee discount at the Greater Grand Rapids retail stores
- Additional performance bonuses and discounts available
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids has a team of diverse staff that champions our DEI initiatives. Our DEI team encourages employees to be empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and experience a sense of belonging. At Goodwill, we believe every employee deserves the opportunity to thrive. And that diversity, equity, and inclusion strengthens our organization and makes us better able to serve our customers and community.
Goodwill uses its mission to help employees achieve goals not only within the company, but also outside the company. Employees have access to our employee benefit, BluePrint which is tailored to each individual and their desired goals whether, they are career goals, financial goals, or personal goals. Here are some data points for BluePrint services in 2020;
205 Employees participated in blueprint services
$42,642 Total paid in tuition reimbursement (32% of the employees served accessed financial assistance for education)
34 Individual development plans were completed within 13 separate departments