Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids is a non-profit organization dedicated to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Since 1966, Goodwill has offered a wide range of employment and training programs to assist individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment in developing their marketable skills to find meaningful employment.
We work together as one Goodwill toward our mission.
Whether you’ll be working at a retail store, warehouse, or the administrative offices, YOU are changing lives every year. Goodwill employees play an integral role in ensuring our programs thrive for years to come.
- Professional development and personal support services
- One-on-one coaching to reach career and educational goals
- Education benefits including reimbursement and paid study time
- Full-time employees will receive up to 20 paid vacation days in the first year
- Additional paid holidays vary by position and department
- 401(k) plan with employer match after 6 months
- Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Accidental insurances available
- Medical insurance available to full-time employees
- 20% employee discount at the Greater Grand Rapids retail stores
- Additional performance bonuses and discounts available
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids has a team of diverse staff that champions our DEI initiatives. Our DEI team encourages employees to be empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and experience a sense of belonging. At Goodwill, we believe every employee deserves the opportunity to thrive. And that diversity, equity, and inclusion strengthens our organization and makes us better able to serve our customers and community.
The BluePRINT program at Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids is open to all employees, offering support and opportunities for success, whether it’s in their current role, advancing within Goodwill, or acquiring skills for employment elsewhere. Employees have the option to work alongside a skilled career coach for personalized assistance with community needs like food, housing, and transportation. These coaches also provide a confidential space for one-on-one discussions about personal or professional life challenges. Additionally, they offer guidance in career planning and preparation, ensuring every team member has the resources they need to thrive.
Retail Job Previews
Learn more about several of our retail positons, by watching the videos below.